Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this 1892 building was a former NJ Central Railroad Station. Designed in the H.H. Richardson style by Bradford Gilbert, it is characterized by heavy, rough-cut stone exterior, broad roof planes, and arched entryways. Painstakingly restored by the community in 1981, it now serves as the Readington Township Public Library. A visit to the “ladies waiting room” is a must!
Readington Train Station / Readington Township Public Library