The structure that stands today replaced the original 1849 one-room schoolhouse. It functioned as a school until 1951. In addition to restoring the schoolhouse in 1979, the Oak Summit School Historical Society furnished it with authentic slate blackboards, a wood stove, old desks, text books, etc. to the way it appeared in the 1930s when 35-40 K-12 students attended.
Contact Cynthia Niciecki (firstname.lastname@example.org) for schedule of demonstrations and tours.