East Amwell Historical Society/East Amwell Museum After much effort, the Clawson House has been restored. It now serves as the East Amwell Museum and the home of the East Amwell Historical Society. It is decorated to reflect the period of 1880-1920. The museum in the former Clawson House features two exhibit rooms, several furnished rooms – including a Victorian era bedroom, living room and 1920’s era kitchen complete with a Hoosier cabinet, icebox and many antique kitchen items.
There are children’s toys and books from the 1800s and other antique furnishings. Most of the furnishings in the house have been donated by local residents.